Salidroside is a chemical compound which is present in the plant Rhodiola rosea. This plant contains two chemical compounds; one is rosavin and the other is salidroside. Rhodiola rosea herb has high power on nervous system which promotes and produces adaptogen effects. Presence of adaptogen in the body relieves physical and emotional stress. Effects of solidroside are slowly gaining popularity recently.
When cut, the rhodiola rosea plants root smells like a rose flower. Because of this, rose root name is often used along with rhodiola rosea.
Still research is going on about this herb and majority of benefits are obtained by the plant. The chemical compound salidroside reduces anxiety, improve levels of immunity, boosts energy levels, reduces appetite and keeps Alzheimer’s at bay. But exact work of salidroside is still unknown and interaction with other chemical compounds present in rhodiola rosea is going on.
Salidroside is present in species like Rhodiola crenulata and several other plants and not only in Rhodiola rosea plant. Scientists of different countries have found many advantages and benefits of this compound. All species of rhodiola are not similar and properties of chemical compound solidroside also differ from each species. When all the compounds, that is, Rosavin and Salidroside are combined, the extract obtained has very unique and beneficial properties.
Uses of Rhodiola Rosea
- Mainly Rhodiola rosea herb is used to reduce anxiety and stress.
- Even research has established that rhodiola rosea has a major impact on anxiety.
- Since Rhodiola rosea is an herbal product, side effects are rarely seen.
- Depression can be reduced.
- During the period of anxiety, blood flow and heart beat increases which can be relieved by using this product.
- If an individual is stressed for a very long period, heart beat increases so as the blood flow making the person to fight or run accordingly. This result as a result of anxiety developed under chronic conditions.
- Salidroside has proven effects on reducing stress and anxiety. It acts a preventive measure in resisting stress.
- Rhodiola rosea has very fast effects on reducing anxiety when compared with other herbs.
- Rhodiola rosea extract acts on mild stress with very little dosage.
- Rhodiola rosea is often sold as weight loss supplement.
- Salidroside is effectively used as anti cancer supplement.
- At present, salidroside is used as both compound in isolation and conjunction along with other supplements of nutrients.
- Salidroside supplements along with Rhodiola rosea herb have innumerable health boosting effects.
- The supplements strengthen nervous system and boosts energy levels of the user.
Side effects of salidroside
- Though salidroside is known for reducing cortisol levels but it increases dopamine and serotonin levels in the brain.
- People can response with initial dosages of Rhodiola rosea.
- Result desired can be attained only after using more than two months.
- When salidroside is used as single compound against oxidative stress retrieval, bone damage is noted.
- Since it is an herbal supplement, no serious side effects are noted till now.